Since going gluten and dairy free I have been craving a classic cherry ripe. I wanted to create a slice that had a strong cherry taste but also had an intense chocolate element to it. So I came up with this frozen cherry slice that is gluten and dairy free, low in sugar and enjoyed on a hot day.
Makes: 12 slices
Prep time: 5 minutes
Chill time: 1 hour
· 1 Cup shredded coconut
· 1 cup rolled oats
· 1 cup frozen cherries
· ¼ cup cashews
· 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
· Pinch of salt
· 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
· 1/4 cup cocoa
· 1/3 cup coconut oil
1. Line a square 20cm tray with baking paper.
2. Place your oats and cashews in your food processor and blend until a crumb forms.
3. Add salt, cherries, coconut and coconut oil to the food processor and blend until fully combined.
4. Place mixture into the tin and press until compacted and levelled.
5. Put it in the freezer to chill, whilst you start your chocolate topping.
6. Place your vanilla essence, cocoa and coconut oil in a bowl over hot water.
7. Wait until mixture melts and then stir until fully combined.
8. Pour chocolate over the cherry base and place it back into the freezer.
9. Give the slice about an hour to fully set in the freezer then enjoy.
Lasts for 3 months in the freezer.